Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hana Yori Dango Final!

Went along with Kaori, Xin E and Gaynous (Sorry I dunno how to spell! Sorry!) yesterday to catch a movie none of you would imagine someone like me would even associate myself with.

Yes, the title says it all...

If you're familiar with Taiwan's ''Meteor Garden'', you'd probably be wondering why the characters in both movies have the same name. Guess what? ''Meteor Garden'' started off as a copy of the original ''Hana Yori Dango'' story before branching off into their own taiwanese storyline in the later seasons.

While the movie finishes off the drama series, it starts off from a point in the story where first timers are able to get a grasp of the situation before the story rockets off to the complications. Of course, prior knowledge of the background would allow you to better enjoy the story.

The combination of scriptwriting, music, acting and camerawork was enough to keep the viewers from dozing off. The last time I checked, the Dark Knight hypnotized an eighth (exaggeration) of the viewers to sleep through his film of the same length.

Of course, while the story is interesting, I still don't think that any movie should be SOOOOO LOOOOONG! It is almost impossible for any healthy human being to sit through the 2 1/2 hours without having to make a heart wrenching decision between thirst and the toilet.

One thing I don't really like about the film is that there're 5 young men for the female viewers to ogle at (6 if you include the thief) while there's only cutey Makino throughout a great part of the film! UNFAIR MUCH!?!?!

Jokes aside, I think that the film is worth the watch taking into account that it doesn't bother me to read the subtitles when I fail to understand the words and the fact that I had to hold my piss from the moment they reach the island (this was already shown in the trailer so I am not spoiling the movie for you =P)

3.5/5 Satays from me!

No comments: