Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Give Free Rice and Get Smarter

Sometimes when you take a look at my blog, you might notice an advert stating free rice.
Note that it doesn't mean giving you free rice, especially with all the inflation going on.

I decided to go and take a look the other day and realised what the ad was about, and felt that you guys should know too!

Free Rice is an initiative associated with the UN world food program that features a vocabulary game that anyone can play. Basically the site gives you words and see if you understand the meaning. With each correct answer, you get to donate 20 grains of rice to the UN world food program. Now, you might think 20 grains is very little but do so for a long enough time and you'll have enough to feed one family.

I encourage anyone with free time to play the game and do some good for once.

9 comments:

Thiang! said...

What kind of update is this, Bruce?

ブルース様 said...

this is a PSB - Public Service Blog

see i'm morally upright leh!

Thiang! said...

We call this PSA - Public Service Announcement. Pi!

Why no updates on your life?

Anyway, I've heard a lot of things about you in school neh.

And oh, I'm starting to get sick of Advertlets with their lack of events, competition and slow-earning money! I'm very, very tempted to go back to Nuffnang. Sigh.

ブルース様 said...

what thing about me in school??? they better not spread fake shit bout me turning into a ladyboy!

haha ur choice~ it's not like i need their money.

Thiang! said...

Eh, no lah, not about you being transvestite. It's about the past. Haha.

Sian. I don't know man. :(

ブルース様 said...

about the past? tell me tell me!!!

Thiang! said...

Not very nice lah! Haha. If possible, see you on June 15th k! :D

ブルース様 said...

haha good or bad stuff i oso wanna listen =P

Thiang! said...

Sure thing, but Internet is always a risky medium. Haha. We'll talk when you're back lah! 15 June, yes?!