Friday, July 11, 2008

I Remember... I Wonder...


I remember...
I remember a time when I was a skinny little boy.
Injuries and illnesses seemed to like me a lot, and
Mom seemed to like bitter Chinese medicine a lot.
Am I stronger now because of these herbs? Or
Could I have been stronger without?
I wonder...

I remember...
I remember growing up in a gambling den.
People from all sides of the law gathered, and
Put their money and luck on mahjong and poker.
Did I learn the wrongdoings from them? Or
Did I learn to protect myself from these evils?
I wonder...


I remember...
I remember spending weekends on power rangers.
An asian women played the yellow ranger, and
An African American played the black ranger.
Was the show trying to display racial harmony? Or
Was it more of racial colour discrimination?
I wonder...

I remember...
I remember watching education shows.
Sesame street and Pee Wee's Playhouse, to
Barney and Lamb Chop's Play-Along.
Learning to count and spell? Or
Learning to follow orders and signs?
I wonder...

I remember...
I remember being an avid gamer.
Mario on the Nintendo, to
Sonic on the Sega Genesis.
A form of entertainment? Or
A fuel for the techno-hungry?
I wonder...

There are many things that we often wonder about. Could the present be any better had something in the past been changed? I think that many would love to travel back in time to amend their mistakes, but I wouldn't; things happen for a reason, it is through this reason that we should accept these events for what they are. Rather than crying over spilt milk, it would be better to understand why it happened and prevent a second time from happening.

PS: This is my first time writing something sophisticated, or what I think it is... Don't be harsh on the style please!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done post, but like what Angeline says it's a pretty unlikely piece from you, haha.

But sometimes I really do wonder about my childhood, how I was back then, and what I am today.

Perhaps these memories are there for us to look back and reflect upon, and to smile at.

ブルース様 said...

that was the product of days of thinking bout my childhood... ding dang, tora, bee bee, captain planet and many more!

Thiang! said...

Still very Bruce-like even though you mentioned it's on a more sophisticated note. Damn weird can. Hahaha.

ブルース様 said...

aiya u're just jealous whatever u write becomes a complaint post, admit it! lol

Anonymous said...

you call this sophisticated? sad.

ブルース様 said...

I'm not surprised that you're sad. Not having the guts to identify yourself. Don't worry, I feel sad for you =)