Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Soviet Thailand, Internet Blpcks You!

Over the past few nights I have been experiencing serious internet blockades from the Thai Government. How do I know that it is a blockade from the government and not a simple case of me having a shitty connection? Well guess what? I was unable to access any websites other than those by google and the THAI GOVERNMENT BODY... Well whaddayakno~

I wonder how these people actually thought that blocking access from within would be a good idea...

Was it to make sure that the people can't get information from foreign sources?
Do they even think it would be possible given the complexity of today's technology? Not to mention the fact that it would be impossible to permanently block out lest they wanna fall into the same category as China in the book of human rights.

Maybe they wanna do a sweep of the internet for websites that are deemed offensive and illegal? That can't be true either, Singapore does that all too regularly but we don't get downtimes anyways? Unless you're telling me their ISP's are that bad... In that case I guess that's the other reason why they call it ThaiLANd... hmmm


Anyways, 3 days left! Get those red carpets ready now! hehe...

No comments: