Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The ALPHA Male

Ever since getting my DSLR on August 4, I've been going around pretty often with my camera. It's as if a shutter-bug has taken over me and I find myself snapping at every mundane object. For now, I am shooting with the 17-80mm kit lens, so picture quality is still not as good. However I aim to either get a 50mm prime or at least the minolta 35-70mm within the next month or two.

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger picture, as well as a quick link to the other pictures in the selection.
This is my flickr set!

C&C welcomed!



Fireworks @ NDP

For this set, I went to the National Day Parade (perimeter) to shoot the supposedly great fireworks~ Thing is, I didn't bring my tripod along. Thus I had to rely on the very impressive Super Steady Shot technology in my Alpha. These were shot on long exposures at f16.

_DSC7967

_DSC7971

Fengshui Reversal @ Singapore Flyer

This took place a day after National Day, when we decided to meet up to celebrate the end of IAP and IBP. I shall not post pictures of people lest I get threats.

Water = Wealth

_DSC8155

_DSC8164

Sometimes I just think people are too caught up in the brand game... Just because you're holding on to a camera-maker's camera doesn't make you a good photographer, you know?

No comments: