Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Dei~


Candlelit Dinner 2
Originally uploaded by mysilentkaopei
What is Valentine's Day?

I prefer to see it as this:
"Valentine's day is a bonus stage in the game of love, and the boss stage in the game of no love"

I'm going to fight darth maul soon, but never mind me. Let's talk about the one sacred day.

So what goes on during this day? Flowers, Chocolates, Cakes... and on the extreme opposite we have slaps, curses, or worst yet a rape-cum-murder case. The list goes on.

Ok I'm typing this with a backlog of sleep to clear so it'll prolly make no sense... How bout talking bout me then?

Why don't I have a valentine? Simple, I'm not in a relationship. Sure, I can act macho and say that I don't need relationships to sustain my life, but we all know that's not the case. So why don't I go find myself a girlfriend?

Truth is, I don't dare to. Growing up with a limited circle of true friends, I have that fear of losing the close friends that I have. That's what's holding me back in any relationship. I'm simply afraid that the rejection will end in an uglier result - the two of us drifting further apart.

Call me humji (ball-less coward), but I just can't get out of that comfort zone to venture into the 'confession'.

Happy valentine's day to you!

2 comments:

Days said...

Would it not be an awkward relationship if there's an underlying, I dunno, "desire", for something more?

ブルース様 said...

i think it's do-able so long as the other party doesn't know about it.