Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CHINTENDO VII

I am officially ashamed to call myself a Singaporean, for I have found my national pride smashed to bits by a discus. A discus that has been thrown by our very own Southeast Asia (SEA) Games Gold Medalist James Wong.

Why? What Happened?

I was browsing along youtube when I found this old advertisement from the shopping channel in Mainland China, which has yet seen the launch of the NINTENDO WII.


It is pretty disgusting when you find that almost everything from outside China has a shitty copy inside China. You can search the web for POLYSTATION, POPSTATION and even the NEO DOUBLE GAMES... But the one that really wanted me to die was seeing the Vii advert.

Look who's here~ Why it's James Wong! He even has his family playing the Vii~ How lovely...

The only reason i could possibly think of for his endorsement would be that his family has been the spokespeople for letVgo, which is the company behind the distribution of the product, produced by Ken Sing Ton (ripped off name from a known aftermarket company Kensington).

I would applaud them for one thing and only one thing... For creating a knock-off console that actually surpasses that of the others in terms of visuals and gameplay, as expected of one that aims to be like the wii.

Though I find it stupid that the interior spots a small chip and lotsa empty space. They even placed metal weights to make it seem heavier that it actually was.

I wonder why Nintendo hasn't actually taken any legal action against them, after all the vii did claim that they were the phenomenon that is shaking the world right now, which is what the Wii is supposed to be. Maybe they're still rolling on the floor laughing and getting stomach cramps? I wonder...

I still love my country, I just hate the idiots in it...

No comments: