Sunday, June 1, 2008

Amitabha

Goodness Gracious Me!

I'm not saying I'm an aethist or whatsoever, although I am a free thinker.
But sometimes I really wonder if the monks are for real...

This morning went to eat at the noodle joint. Dude went to get something on his bicycle, so I ate alone at the table...
Who knew, it was bestowed upon me that a foreign monk(different set of robes, most likely from china) appeared at the doorstep and moved in, obviously here to beg for alms...

Took a look at the bowl, it was pretty full with a 20 baht note at the top, so i reached for my wallet and pulled out one 20baht note. Incidentally another 20baht note slipped out and caught the monk's eye... When i dropped the 20 baht note onto his bowl, HE ASKED FOR THE OTHER NOTE AS WELL!!!

I didn't want to start a fight cuz after all, I'm in a buddhist country after all. Fake or real it just looks bad on my part to be pulling a suplex to a monk in Thailand.

40 Baht!!! CAN EAT ONE MEAL YOU NOE!!!

2 comments:

Thiang! said...

Kenna cheated lah you. Haha.

ブルース様 said...

Thought so too... just didn't wanna make a scene...